Guest area

Please enter the password below.
How to get involved

Marketing and Media Communications

We believe that the MTFJ programme is something worth celebrating, so here are some tips and tools to help you share our success.


  • In our marketing and media materials, it's essential to prominently recognise our partnership with the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) and acknowledge MTFJ.
  • Use "Ministry of Social Development (MSD)" the first time you mention it and then "MSD" afterward.
  • Use "Mayors Taskforce for Jobs (MTFJ)" the first time you mention it and then "MTFJ" afterward.
  • Make sure to use the approved MTFJ and MSD logos.


  • All marketing materials like billboards, collateral, radio, and newspaper ads must have:
    • Approval from the people quoted or shown in images.
    • Approval from MTFJ National Office and the MSD Industry Partnerships team.
  • Email, and we'll send your requests to MSD for their approval. You'll then receive feedback and/or approval.


  • The following people are authorised to be quoted in the media about the programme:
    • MTFJ Chair
    • Mayor of RCR program Coordinator
    • MSD Minister
    • Industry Partnerships Manager
  • LGNZ has a media team that can help promote stories regionally and nationally. Please suggest positive news stories in your reports. If you or your communications team want to draft a media release, send it to MTFJ and MSD for approval.



  • Mention MTFJ, MSD, your council, and/or mayor.
  • Get approval for quotes and the use of images or video.
  • Keep the focus on the programme's purpose.
  • Maintain a positive tone.
  • Let the MTFJ National Office know if the media contacts you.


  • Send out media releases without approval from MTFJ National Office.
  • Act as a spokesperson if you're not authorised.
  • Ignore a mistake in print; inform the MTFJ National Office.


Download our media toolkit.


Follow these guidelines to create engaging social media content and acknowledge important partnerships.

  • Make it visual: Social media is most effective when it includes visual content like photos, videos, graphics, infographics, or illustrations. Make sure you have permission to use photos that aren't your own.
  • Provide value: Consider what your supporters gain from following you on social media. Pay attention to the content your audience likes and interacts with, and focus on providing value. About 80% of your posts should be inspiring, informative, or entertaining, while the remaining 20% can be promotional.
  • Ask questions: Engage your audience by asking for their opinions, feedback, and ideas through questions, polls, and surveys.
  • Respond to your audience: Be interactive on social media; respond to comments and questions promptly, even with simple acknowledgments like "Thank you!" or emojis.
  • Be authentic: Show authenticity on social media, offering followers an inside look at your work, your team, and the impact you're making. Stay professional but don't be afraid to show some personality.
  • Use tags and hashtags: Make your posts searchable with hashtags like #mayorstaskforceforjobs, and tag MTFJ, MSD, your council, mayor, and partners to connect them to your posts, which can be beneficial for future funding.
  • Community guidelines: Consider creating guidelines for engagement on your social media platforms. These guidelines might include rules against discriminatory content, hate speech, misinformation, spam, offensive language, or inappropriate material.